This sets forth our policy with regard to the use of “Spam” marketing techniques in connection with Internet Marketing. In the context of electronic messaging, “spam” means (unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose).
- We have a strict policy against spamming. We forbid the sending of unsolicited mass Emails or unsolicited Emails of any kind in connection with the marketing of our programs, products and services.
- We may also report incoming email as spam. This can result in IP addresses and domain names being blacklisted.
- We reserve the right to terminate your account and participation in our programs “for cause” if we deem you to be in violation of our anti-spamming policies. We also reserve the right to suspend your account and participation pending review upon receipt of any complaint or other evidence that you may be engaging in any spamming activity.
- We consider spamming to be any activity whereby you directly or indirectly transmit email messages to any email address that has not solicited such email and does not consent to such transmission. We also consider spamming to constitute posting advertisements in newsgroups in violation of the terms of participation in such newsgroup, that are off topic, or in newsgroups that do not specifically permit advertisements.
- We also consider it spamming when advertisements are placed on message boards or in chat rooms when they are not permitted by the terms of participation in such message boards and chat rooms.
Our messaging systems automatically scan all incoming [email and other] messages and filter out messages that appear to be spam. As no message filtering system is 100% accurate, and from time to time legitimate messages will be filtered out by our systems. If you believe that a legitimate message you have sent has been filtered out by our systems, please advise the message recipient by another means.
- You can reduce the risk of a message being caught by the spam filters by:
- sending the message in plain text (instead of, or in addition to, HTML);
- removing any message attachments;
- avoiding the terminology and text styling typically used by spammers; and/or
- ensuring that your messages are scanned for malware before dispatch.
Our contact details such as email address, postal address, contact numbers and messaging system such as contact form and live chat are available to be used for business purposes only and for anything related to our products / services inquiries and supports. Users must not use our messaging facility or any of our other services to store, copy, send, relay or distribute spam. Full provisions concerning the use of our messaging facility are set out in our terms and conditions.
In the unlikely event that you are “spammed” by anyone regarding our products, services, web site, or any other matters, please report this activity to admin@FidHost.co.uk and the matter will be investigated. We may amend this policy at any time by publishing a new version on our website.